The Sephora holiday sale starts ASAP! This is my first holiday season as a “skincare enthusiast,” so i’ll definitely be shopping for some items on my wishlist. Sephora carries some of my favorite brands – Youth to the People, Biossance, Farmacy, Drunk Elephant, etc. There are 2 stores near my house; I’m a frequent visitor. Anyways, here are my Sephora Holiday Bonus Sale picks, as well as details about the sale itself!
Sephora bases their sale dates/discounts around their rewards program called “Beauty Insiders.” You must participate in their rewards program in order to be eligible for the sale. Don’t worry though, it’s free to sign up (you can sign up here).
There are 3 Beauty Insider levels. Each level corresponds to the amount of money you’ve spent in a given year. Each level also has its own sale start date and discount percentage:
- Beauty Insider; this is the first level. When you sign up, you will be a Beauty Insider and you will get 10% off during the sale. The sale starts November 7th for Beauty Insiders.
- VIB; this is the 2nd tier. In order to reach this tier, you must spend $350 in a year at Sephora. Given the prestige brands and (sometimes ridiculous) pricing, this isn’t that hard to reach. If you’re a VIB, you will get 15% off during the sale, which also starts November 7th.
- Rouge; this is the top level. You must spend $1,000 in a given year to reach this tier. Rouge members get 20% off during the sale. They also get to start shopping earlier – on November 1st.
Now the most important info – the promo code! If you’re shopping online, use HOLIDAYSAVE for a discount (all levels of the rewards program use the same discount code).
Things to Buy:
Most brands come out with value kits that are exclusive to the holiday season. They’re already a great value; getting an extra discount is even better. Here are some of my favorite kits from Sephora:
- Youth to the People Discovery Kit ($58 regularly) – this kit has one of my favorite sleeping masks (full size!), as well as trial sizes of their cleanser, toner, and adaptogen face cream. The price of the full size mask alone is $48, so this is a steal! You can read my full review of the YTTP dream mask here. There’s also a mini kit, if you’d prefer to try a wider range of products.
- Drunk Elephant Precious Cargo Kit ($88 regularly) – this kit has another full size mask: TLC Sukari Babyfacial. Normally the mask itself is $80, so for $8 more you get to try 4 other Drunk Elephant products. DE also has a mini kit available as well. Or, if you want to buy the product line, they have their yearly “trunk” collection. This year it’s in a skincare fridge!
- First Aid Beauty Fablantis Set ($49 regularly) – okay this set is insane. It has 5 full size of FAB’s most popular products: repair cream, cleanser, lip balm, face wipes, and hydrating serum.
- Summer Fridays Merry and Brighter Set ($64 regularly) – if you’ve been wanting to try the Summer Fridays mask collection, now is your chance. This set has a full size Jet Lag overnight mask, and 2 smaller (deluxe?) sizes of their Overtime and R&R masks.
- Biossance Clean Favorites Trio ($58 regularly) – this is such a steal! The Clean Favorites Trio features one of my favorite moisturizers: the Biossance Omega Repair Cream. A full size cream costs $58. So for the same price, you get deluxe samples of their Squalane/Vitamin C oil and their newish marine algae eye cream.
Big Ticket Items
If you’ve had your eye on a big purchase, now could be a good time to grab it! Think hair tools, big sets, etc.
- Dyson Hair Dryer ($399 regularly) – this hair dryer is incredible. it dries my hair in under 5 minutes. Yes, it’s expensive. Which is why I purchased mine last year during a Sephora sale.
- GHD Straightener ($249 regularly) – I’ve had this straighter for over a year now. It works really well. And somehow it never gets product buildup. If you’re looking for a new straighter – whichever one it may be – now is the time to do it.
- Artis Brush Set ($370 regularly) – these brushes are supposedly phenomenal. I don’t use brushes all that often, so I couldn’t justify a purchase like this. But if brushes are your thing, all of the sets will be on sale.
- Drunk Elephant Trunk 3.0 ($450 regularly) – I mentioned this above, and i’ll mention it again here. If you use all of DE’s products, this set is a steal. It’s valued at $646. You’re already getting a steal. And with the discount, it’s only $360 – $405.
My Shopping List
Here’s what I plan on purchasing during the sale! I’m replacing a few items, as well as trying a couple new ones. I’m also taking advantage of a few kits.
- Biossance Clean Favorites Trio ($58 regularly) – I mentioned this above. This is one of my favorite moisturizers. I’ll need a replacement soon enough. So why not get a replacement + 2 samples at a discount?
- Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Serum ($52 regularly) – this will be my 7th bottle (I think?). I may even grab 2.
- Ilia True Skin Serum Concealer ($30 regularly) – I already own this concealer. I want one to put in my purse for touch-ups. It’s the best concealer I’ve ever used!
- Skinfix Redness Recovery Overnight Mask ($50 regularly) – I’ve had this mask in my shopping cart for months now. It’s time to bite the bullet.
- Jo Malone London Peony & Blush Suede perfume ($70 regularly) – I want a perfume for special occasions. Like celebrations and such 😉
- Tarte Merry Metals Brush Set ($35 regularly) – I don’t need these. But they’re pretty. And they’re perfect for the holidays. Because obviously I need holiday brushes (rolling eyes). Definitely purchasing!
Well, I hope you liked my Sephora Holiday Bonus sale picks! Are you going to shop this sale? Let me know what’s on your shopping list!